Race Weekend 1/24/14-1/26/14

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Race Weekend 1/24/14-1/26/14

Post by Matthew on 1/27/2014, 8:44 am

I'm getting this up a little late, but was a long weekend. After finishing up at the firehouse early Saturday morning, we went down to Atlantic City to watch the Gambler's Classic at Boardwalk Hall. It was a fantastic show, and congrats to Anthony Sesely on back-to-back wins there. We headed south from there to get to my race. We had a pretty jumpy car all day, and it was really hard to handle at times. We got it together around mid way, and fought our way to 2nd. Unfortunately, the car got loose trying to avoid the leader spinning, and I spun out myself. We restarted 34th with 18 to go. With a really aggressive restart, and pushing the car to its limit, we were able to get it back up inside the top 10 and salvage a 7th place finish. Not too bad when you look at what could have happened!!! The best part is that Josh Belton finished 9th, so we were able to gain some points back on him. We never planned on racing for points in this series, but we won't turn it down if we can beat him out at next weekend's "double header" winter finale.

Matthew
Admin

View user profile http://msracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top