Race Weekend 1/31/14-2/2/14

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Race Weekend 1/31/14-2/2/14

Post by Matthew on 2/2/2014, 2:26 am

Sorry for the late post, everyone... got a little caught up in the day... a very long day at that. I was up a 7:00 to get to the firehouse for a work session, and then headed to the track from there. We struggled a bit in qualifying with a really slick racetrack, and started all the way in the back. With cold tires, and a racetrack that continued to fight us on grip, we really weren't going anywhere at the beginning. The track did start to rubber up though a little later, and with a few adjustments, we were able to fight our way to the front for another win!!! Tomorrow's race will rap up the winter season, and with Belton heading into it with a 51 point lead over us, I think it's almost safe to say that Belton will be winning his sixth points title for the winter series... not that we won't be fighting hard to break his streak! No matter how tomorrow goes, I'm thrilled that we were able to race over the off-season... hopefully it'll give me an advantage when the FRS season begins.

Matthew
Admin

View user profile http://msracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Race Weekend 1/31/14-2/2/14

Post by Matthew on 2/3/2014, 7:03 pm

Wow... and I thought the last post was a little late! Now that it's more than 24 hours later, I guess it's safe to tell everyone how yesterday went. WE WON!!! We fought hard both yesterday and Saturday, and we were able to sweep the weekend! Better yet, Josh Belton came across the line in 9th, and we were able to gain 57 points on him in the standings. If you saw the last post, we were only 51 points behind him. We beat him in the points by 6 to claim the winter series points championship!!! Two championships in one year... not bad! Very Happy

Matthew
Admin

View user profile http://msracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top